About the position
The Graphic Designer job description includes the entire process of defining requirements, visualizing and creating graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts and photos. You’ll be the one to shape the visual aspects of websites, books, magazines, product packaging, exhibitions and more. Your graphics should capture the attention of those who see them and communicate the right message. For this, you need to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into design. If you can communicate well and work methodically as part of a team, we’d like to meet you.
Graphic Designer Responsibilities
- Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Illustrating concepts by designing examples of art arrangement, size, type size and style and submitting them for approval.
- Preparing finished art by operating necessary equipment and software.
- Coordinating with outside agencies, art services, web designer, marketing, printers, and colleagues as necessary.
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed.
- Communicating with clients about layout and design.
- Creating a wide range of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites with software such as photoshop.
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements when necessary.
Graphic Designer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field.
- Experience as a graphic designer or in related field.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Able to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Understanding of marketing, production, website design, corporate identity, product packaging, advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Experience with computer-aided design.